So due to my military obligations, I had to take an unexpected blogging hiatus. Now only a true blogger can truly understand what I’m about to say…..I CAN’T LIVE WITH OUT MY BLOG! The hardest part of being in the military, is being forced to make it your priority regardless of your personal needs or your families. Well I’m officially back and thank God during this mandatory hiatus, wonderful things have been happening to me. So to catch everyone up I have decided to list the top 5 great things that has happened during my blogging hiatus.
1. I sold my home!! Break out the champagne baby! For those of you that have been following me from the beginning, losing this home was the catalyst that forced me to look at my true self and vow to become debt free. This home forced me to acknowledge my warped financial habits and change my financial path forever.
2. FICO Score increased 57 Points. Yah baby! I still continued to pay down my debt and decided to hit my debts reflected on my credit report first. The short sale did not put a dent on my report and the 57 point increase looks sooooooo good. Wait….let me turn it to the side so you can get a better view. I know… .gorgeous right?
3. Submitted my Pink Slip. After 22 faithful years of military service in the Navy, I have submitted my pink slip and will officially swap my combat boots for stilettos on April 30, 2016. Just the word retirement brings an instant smile on my face. Don’t tell me to stop smiling….cause I just can’t stop. Yes….I’m still smiling.
4. Created a life plan. So now that I know for sure that I will be leaving the military, I have created a life plan and I am so excited. Retiring from the Navy at such a young age gives you a unique opportunity to start a new career, with a life warranty of retirement pay (residual income) and free medical benefits. For my second career I plan on pursuing my life long dream of becoming a real estate investor and creating an portfolio of rental properties. I refuse to let my hot mess financial past hinder me for making this dream come true, and I am totally motivated to do what it takes to make it happen.
5. Paid down $2,183.78 of debt. It is always a pleasure to pay down debt and get closer to drinking that imaginary Debt Free Martini.
So now you have been officially caught up with what has been going on in my life. Thank you so much for all the bloggers who checked up on me and all my new followers who courageously decided to follow my blog during my hiatus. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
I’m back….stand by for heavy rolls.